Sunday, January 10, 2010

Rykiel Homme Sweater

I love Sonia Rykiel. And because she's the Queen of Knits it's no surprise I love this sweater. I can't afford it, though. Apart from the fact that I don't have a full-time job and that I am a third-world product, I somehow can't justify spending over 200 USD on a sweater that's primarily made of cotton. Especially a statement piece like this which you can't wear more than a few times (unless you have many different sets of friends). But I love the colours: like most of her knits, they are strikingly vibrant -- the colours almost seem to glow.

Like Vivienne Westwood, Rykiel's pieces have character -- they stand out. Remember the striped black-and-white Rykiel top Carrie Bradshaw wore when she landed in Paris? I think it's one of the most memorable outfits from Sex and the City.

Available at Yoox.com for USD 232.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment